[development] Subsystem maintainers or targeted committers?

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Mon Jul 2 18:59:51 UTC 2007

Robert Douglass wrote:
> The link[1] Thomas Barregren posted was quite interesting. Indeed,
> Drupal seems to be experiencing some of the issues the Linux kernel
> faced some years ago, albeit not nearly as drastically. Reading through
> that post and the rest of the comments on the mailing list here bring me
> to some observations.
>
> 1. Gabor has done a great job. In particular, he has led the drive for
> i18n features in core. That's awesome.
> 2. Gabor came in almost as if he had a mandate to focus on #1, and
> indeed, he has focused nearly exclusively on #1.
> 3. Whether this was by accident or design, it worked well and would seem
> to be scalable and repeatable.

While I did concentrate on language improvements, I did do a fair share
of deep reviews, helping patches move into a Drupalish direction, eg.
the batch API, actions, the jQuery 1.1.2 update, the file API, update
module, quite a few theme improvements and so on...

I hope to get recorded as a language support advocate but at the same
time, I am not comfortable being locked into this place only ;)

Gabor