[development] Listen - Re: Perm for setting RTBC - Re: RTBC - how does it work?

Augustin (Beginner) drupal.beginner at wechange.org
Mon Jul 2 19:05:12 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 03 July 2007 02:31, Dries Buytaert wrote:
>  Committing more patches makes it harder to keep on top of
> things, make it harder to maintain the quality of the code,
> encourages politics, etc.
>
> Either way, tt's *not* my goal to commit all patches.  It's my goal
> to create a great release.  This means I prioritize patches.  We have
> a lot of great new features in Drupal 6 and at the end of the day,
> that's what count IMO.

Nowhere in my posts did I say that you ought to commit more patches, even less
all of them. But I won't repeat what I said. Never mind that.

From your reply, though, you make it *sound like* you don't care how you get
what you want, as long as you get it. I know you are not like that. We all
know your great leadership and human values.

My main point is: please do listen to people who are better known than I am,
when they talk about some overdue systemic changes.
You could get much more than what you are already getting by making sure
everyone can work in much better conditions where they feel that their time
is valued (to be clear: I am NOT talking about committing indiscriminately).

Blessings to you (and to the upcoming cashewnut and its carrier),

Augustin.

--
http://www.wechange.org/
Because we and the world need to change.

http://www.reuniting.info/
Intimate Relationships, peace and harmony in the couple.