[development] Drupal 6 code freeze

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Mon Jul 2 21:33:13 UTC 2007

On 7/2/07, Earl Miles <merlin at logrus.com> wrote:

> Boris Mann wrote:
> > No begging, just a notice that it was basically impossible to work on
> > additional install profiles for core while everything was changing
> > and/or broken ( e.g. menu).
> >
> > So, much like at the end of D5, I'd like to think that install profiles
> > fit into this category of additional work to still go in.
>
> IMO, install profiles should be relatively self contained and contain no
> API
> changes, and thus SHOULD fit well into the 'usability improvements'
> section.
> Unless you have to change the API for them, which could be problematic.

No, you're right, they are relatively self contained. In fact, the blocker
was waiting to see which APIs actually made it in -- e.g. a bunch of Data
API stuff would have been useful, but clearly not the place of install
profiles to change that (it's just a point where it's glaringly obvious that
it's needed :P )

--
Boris Mann
Office 604-682-2889