[development] String freeze

Erik Stielstra info at erikstielstra.nl
Tue Jul 3 10:47:04 UTC 2007

Stefan Nagtegaal wrote:

> Op 3-jul-2007, om 13:55 heeft Gabor Hojtsy het volgende geschreven:
>
>>> b) Is RC1 enough time? If we set it at beta-2 or something would
>>> that allow us to include a few translations in Drupal core itself by
>>> RC1?
>> Unfortunately most Drupal core translations are not 100% complete,
>> and even when they technically look like being complete, the quality
>> leaves more to be desired. If you would find a low quality
>> translation within the Drupal package, would you associate this low
>> quality perception to the whole package? Do you have an idea on how
>> the different languages can be quality-assured/controlled?
>>
>> Gabor
> Well, wouldn't that be the same as reviewing a patch?
> I would step up to volunteer for having a full Dutch translation in
> core, and perhaps there are more people who would like to help.
>

> Stefan
Stefan, you are very welcome to joint the team of Dutch translators ;)
With the Dutch D5 core translation Hendrik did a fine job on quality
control. This model worked quite well. One main translator (my selves)
assisted by a few people for checking and testing. Hendrik did the final
check and committed the files. Although we did not have a formal  RTBC
cycle it could have been one.
Al that matters is the quality of the translators. It helps to have a
word list for consistency, involvement of experienced translators and a
forum to discuss translation issues. But combining different styles of
individual translators, good consistent wording, etc. just requires  a
consistent approach and skill.

Sutha