[development] Perm for setting RTBC - Re: RTBC - how does it work?

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jul 3 16:26:02 UTC 2007

Quoting Dries Buytaert <dries.buytaert at gmail.com>:

> On 03 Jul 2007, at 15:24, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>> The rule is in the wording of "Ready To Be Committed".  Based on
>> what I've read RTBC really means "Ready For Committer Review".  As
>> more and more developers are drawn to Drupal; Drupal operational
>> style must be clearly stated.  Stating "Ready To Be Committed"
>> states to others that the patch is waiting on someones precious
>> limited time to commit the changes without further consideration.
>> It becomes problematic when the resources move on because the
>> frustration of dealing with Drupal operational style (or
>> understanding it) is more than the developer has time to deal  with.
>>  I suggest that in order to help make the operational style  more
>> understandable that the wording Ready To Be Committed be  changed to
>> Ready For Committer Review.
>
> Or "possibly ready to be committed"?

I don't know what "possibly ready to be committed" means.  "Ready for
committer review" gives the connotation that someone will give a final
say into the merit of the patch.  "Possibly ready to be committed"
gives a sense that the patch may or may not even be looked at,
discussed further, given credence to the work and time the developer
spent creating the patch.  The wording really needs to be definitive to
the goal you wish to achieve or this thread will be repeated with every
release.

Earnie