[development] developers code - Re:

Darrel O'Pry dopry at thing.net
Thu Jul 5 13:10:03 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-05 at 14:55 +0800, Augustin (Beginner) wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 July 2007 16:29, Johan Forngren wrote:
> > On 7/3/07, Neil Drumm <drumm at delocalizedham.com> wrote:
> > > The real winner would be a community change to increase the value of a
> > > review. Writing a patch solves your problem. Reviewing help solves
> > > someone else's problem. That is why I think there are more patches
> > > than reviews.
> >
> > I've been thinking of this for some time. Why don't we introduce a
> > developers code?
> >
> > "For every patch thou submit, thou shall review another another one"
> >
> > Thoughts?
>

> Personally I am open minded about constructive proposals, and I would welcome
> a *voluntary* developers' code.
>
> I think this idea has some merit. It could be another social solution to our
> social problems :)
>
> And since it would be voluntary, those who don't like it can just ignore it!
> So, why not?

Hmm... I don't think a formalized code about I post a patch that has to
be reviewed is so cool... Although I'm always open to bartering patch
reviews... review one of mine and let me know.. I'm normally happy to
take a look at one of yours. Doesn't mean I'll like you patch, but I
will give it a review.