[development] Temp file conflicts

Darrel O'Pry dopry at thing.net
Fri Jul 6 05:50:58 UTC 2007

To summarize:

It's a configuration issue, configure your site properly. The temp path
is on the settings page for a reason. Giving 2 sites the same files path
breaks all kinds of stuff as well. You can also look for functions that
are writing files to you temp path without using tempnam(). I know there
is probably a lot of stuff that still does that, and I am likely
guilty. :)

IIRC even php's session clean up is normally a cron job.