[development] associate dates to nodes

Mark Fredrickson mark.m.fredrickson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 16:32:31 UTC 2007

It sounds to me like most of what you want can be handled with CCK.

However, your validation requirements are probably not going to be met
out of the box by any existing module.

I would suggest setting up two content types:

1. Room/House
2. Reservation

Use CCK's node reference field to join reservations to rooms. Add a
date field to your reservation type.

In a custom module add a form validation function (read up on the
Forms API and on hook_form_alter) that checks to make sure that a
given date is not already taken for the target room node.

The deep, dark secret of Drupal development these days is that most
custom work can be accomplished with CCK, views, and a small custom
module to implement hook_form_alter and few others.

Good luck!

-M