[development] Question about Drupal performance

Lennart Borgman (gmail) lennart.borgman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 21:54:45 UTC 2007

 From the admin staff on a web host I am using I got a message saying:

"Personally I'll recommend Drupal when pigs can fly, because I believe
it is just that ... a pig. Slow even when I tried it on my dedicated
server... its very full featured, but it is hardly peppy, at the best of
times... and, I'm not aware of many Drupal sites on the platform --
there are definitely better choices performance wise at the current
juncture."

Can you comment on this, please? I am just going to setup some more
Drupal site and got a bit frustrated.

- L