[development] Question about Drupal performance

Jonas M Luster jluster at jluster.org
Mon Jul 9 23:44:06 UTC 2007

> * an infrastructure for users from fundamentalist/oppressive countries
> to communicate without fear of repercussion (Bloggers without
> Borders). BwoB is in active use inside some NGOs and would not have
> been possible with any other application or application framework in
> the extend and ease of implementation as it is with Drupal.

I should have mentioned that these are areas where "peppy" speed is
more than paramount and hardware isn't available in masses and
qualities we know in the US. Still, VERY peppy, still serving 90k
users a day, holding up well during Katherina and the Tsunami in
South-East Asia, even when Slashdotted, NPR-dotted, and CNN-dotted the
same day.