[development] Question about Drupal performance

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Mon Jul 9 23:56:19 UTC 2007

On 7/9/07, Ashraf Amayreh <mistknight at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Even on a relatively inexpensive Xen VPS (forget Virtuozzo or OpenVZ,
> > they are slow), performance is really snappy.
>
> I was actually disturbed when I saw this as my host is a VPS host that
> uses OpenVZ. So I did a little search and I'm not so sure this statement is
> accurate, not that I really care, but I'd rather be getting the best option
> for my money so I thought I'd point this benchmark out.
>
> http://community.livejournal.com/openvz/14024.html

Here is the original article that I wrote (not a formal benchmark)
http://2bits.com/articles/hosting-virtualization-openvz-vs-xen-which-is-best.html

Workhabit, who do a lot of hosting (Firebright), have the same observation
on
Xen vs Virtuozzo.
http://www.workhabit.org/fifteen-tips-for-capacity-planning-and-initial-deployments-for-startups

--