[development] update module

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Wed Jul 11 16:19:01 UTC 2007

On Jul 11, 2007, at 8:21 AM, Dries Buytaert wrote:

> I just reviewed the update.module once more and finally committed
> to to CVS HEAD.

Yay!!! ;)

Since that's now in, I'd like to introduce everyone to the "Update
status advanced settings" contrib for D6 and beyond:

http://drupal.org/project/update_advanced

Users of update_status 5.x-2.* from contrib will notice that
update.module in core lost all the fine-grained settings to ignore
specific projects or even specific releases.  Dries thought the UI
was too complicated for core, so we moved it into contrib.  However,
many sites will probably want this added flexibility.  So, please
give it a try and file any issues you find in the issue queue:

http://drupal.org/node/add/project_issue/update_advanced

Also, I just added another component to the core issue queue for
"update.module", so if anyone finds any problems, please report them
there and I'll see them.

Cheers,
-Derek

p.s. Eeek, should we try to rename the "update system" core component
to "DB update system" or something to help avoid confusion?  I've
been worried about confusion between update.php and update.module for
a while in the update.module issue, but no one seemed to comment or
care... *shrug*