[development] Better documentation for working with uploaded files?

David Cohen drupal at dave-cohen.com
Fri Jul 13 01:26:17 UTC 2007

Richard,

Interestingly, I am working right now on an API module to help with
exactly this sort of thing.  It's not as easy as it should be.

I've had to build this sort of thing for a couple clients in the past,
and now I'm trying to package it in a way that could be used by the
community.  I'll CC you when its ready for wide audience consumption.

You should tune into the discussion at http://groups.drupal.org/file-api

Also, if you use CCK, you may find the filefield module is just what you
need, except for the part about where it is saved.

-Dave