[development] function node_page_default

Keizo Gates kzo at kzo.net
Fri Jul 13 08:45:43 UTC 2007

Hello,

I've been reading through the node.module code for a project and came
accross the node_page_default function.  As far as I can tell this is
used for the traditional list of nodes for a drupal homepage.

The documentation page is here: http://api.drupal.org/api/HEAD/
function/node_page_default

My question is, couldn't this function be made to use just one
database query?  as it stands it uses node_load() for every node that
needs to be displayed on the page so if you want to display 30
teasers, that's 30+ database hits.  Am I missing something here?

Keizo