[development] Drupal 5 incremental release?

Caleb Gilbert caleb.gilbert at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 03:53:13 UTC 2007

> Please file detailed and specific bugs against 5.x if any APIs have
> changed which break contributed modules. This should not happen.

That's fine, but wouldn't it be more expedient to open the scrutiny of the
api's to the entire Drupal community? Any one individual (or even a handful
of individuals) is going to have a more limited amount of time to research,
document, and fix the existing issues with Drupal 5.x-dev than if the entire
Drupal 5 user base is looking at things.

I guess I don't understand the reasons for not releasing something at this
point. Considering that 5.1 was released within 2 weeks of the 5.0 release,
at time frame which could almost be considered as "concurrent" with
the 5.0release given the larger perspective of time, it's not much of
a stretch to
say that the 5.0 branch has never really been updated since being released
(to quibble I guess the more technically correct term is that it's been
"hardly" updated).

- Caleb