[development] Taxonomy: Multiple parents?

Frederik 'Freso' S. Olesen freso.dk at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 18:56:12 UTC 2007

2007/7/24, Robert Douglass <rob at robshouse.net>:
>In my opinion, any time multiple parents are used it is a mistake in the
>data model. [...]

If you have a data model for musical genres (which used multiple
parents), where you put "folk rock" but as a child of "folk" and
"rock"? "Celtic punk" as a child of "punk" and "Celtic (folk)"?
I'd be sad to see the ability to use multiple parents go. Multiple
parents have been one of the reasons I've been clinging so tightly
onto Drupal's taxonomy module, as few other categorisation/tagging
applications allows for thus. (I could also imagine such cases as
"Tønder Festival 2006" being a child of "2006 (Events)" and "Tønder
Festival"...)

--
Frederik 'Freso' S. Olesen <http://freso.dk/>