[development] #drupal / #drupal-dev split considered harmful

mark burdett mfburdett at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 23:57:57 UTC 2007

On freenode, the big unhyphenated channels like #ubuntu,  #gentoo,
#debian, #rubyonrails are open to support questions.  Then you have
more specialized channels for developer discussion like #mysql-dev,
#kde4-devel etc.

You can find a similar pattern on lists for many FOSS projects, e.g. a
"project" list  and "project-dev" list.

--mark