[development] Fun CCK idea.

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Fri Jun 1 11:21:27 UTC 2007

Op donderdag 31 mei 2007, schreef Wim Leers:
> flexinode 2?
> ***the superceder of CCK***?
>
> Is there some place I can read up on this? I wasn't aware of this at
> all!

Its nothing official. And nothing big either.

In short: Don't get nervous. CCK will prolly keep existing. This is just a
personal itch. My idea:
* Flexinode has a crappy database model.
* CCK has a crappy code/hook model, lacks many features, has many
dirty-hacked-on additions etc.

Both have bad sides. I consider both to be in such a bad state righ now, that
I no longer use any of them. And  advice my clients not to use them either.

I want to move flexinode along, so that this time both the DBA /and/ the
code /and/ the usability /and/ the interface is done right. If my ideas are
right, and If I get this off the ground, and if if if if, then either an
upgrade path for CCK to this thing will come, or else CCK will simply keep
existing.

And I have been on this for a long while. Doing the coding and architecturing
in my few free hours. some notes and ideas on my blog:
http://webschuur.com/projects/flexinode

Bèr

--
Drupal, Ruby on Rails and Joomla! development: webschuur.com | Drupal hosting:
www.sympal.nl