[development] Google Gears

Scott Trudeau strudeau at umich.edu
Fri Jun 1 15:48:08 UTC 2007

Right.  But what happens when a user on the live site adds a new node
at the same time I add a new node on the local copy and the node id
conflicts?  What happens if a user edits a node on the live site that
I also edit on the local copy?  And that's without getting in to more
comples site configuration syncing issues ...

Not impossible, but trickier than it might seem.

And on this same thread, a quick proof-of-concept by a Wordpress
developer for syncing Wordpress content offline using Google Gears:

http://blog.assembleron.com/2007/05/31/google-gears-caching-of-wordpress-in-php/

Scott