[development] Drupal 6 code freeze

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Sat Jun 2 23:58:38 UTC 2007

On 5/31/07, Dries Buytaert <dries.buytaert at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello world,
>
> we're moving forward at full speed, and it would be a pity to
> suddenly abrupt that, wouldn't it?
>
> As there are still many interesting patches in the queue that are
> almost there, and because we cranked out new stuff like crazy, I
> decided that it would be best to postpone the code freeze for 4
> weeks.  This is a one-time extension that leaves us some more time to
> finish some of the work that we started, and to put some more polish
> in place.
>
> Even with another 4 weeks, it is unlikely that all the key patches
> will make it into Drupal 6 so let's not waste time and keep up the
> steady pace of contributions (good job!). Also, keep in mind that
> towards the end of June, I'll be traveling a fair bit so I won't be
> able to review as many patches as usual.  Last but not least, I'm
> going to give priority to those patches that were already in the
> works before today.

I think it would be a good idea to post about this on the Drupal home page.
It would also be good to highlight 10-20 features, patches that seem to be a
priority.

I am sure the commercial productivity of Drupal shops just took a hit ;-)

If I can help to identify the "Key" patches please let me know.

Cheers,
Kieran

Happy hacking,

--
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.