[development] Drupal 6 code freeze

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Sun Jun 3 05:17:59 UTC 2007

On 6/2/07, Kieran Lal <kieran at civicspacelabs.org> wrote:

> I think it would be a good idea to post about this on the Drupal home page.
> It would also be good to highlight 10-20 features, patches that seem to be a
> priority.
>
> I am sure the commercial productivity of Drupal shops just took a hit ;-)
>
> If I can help to identify the "Key" patches please let me know.

I did some ticket gardening a while back on Aggregator related code,
which is on a wiki page in the RSS & Aggregation group on g.d.o. A
wiki page there may be an interesting "meta" way to surface some
patches -- but getting them ahead of time and putting them on a d.o.
announcement would be excellent.

If you're on facebook, I also made an "event" for the Drupal 6 code
freeze. I used a picture that Mike Gifford made. See
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=2394189769&ref=share

And, of course, July 1st is Canada Day. So let's make Drupal 6 nice
and multilingual, again as Mike Gifford pointed out :P

Guess that means I really have to start working on a new core install
profile, although I suspect that a bunch of that will have to be tuned
post-freeze.

Cheers,

--
Boris Mann