[development] Tips on keeping up?

Tao Starbow starbow at citris-uc.org
Mon Jun 4 18:09:32 UTC 2007

Hi List,

I could use some advice on keeping up with development, and where I
should be spending my time. Just today, I followed at link from the
front page to an issue that I had not seen before, and in the comments
found out that Dries was interested in having my find_paths module
modified and included into core.  I would have been thrilled to do it,
but unfortunately, the comment was from a month ago, and someone else
has already stepped up and done most of the work.

I keep up with the dev list, and planet drupal, a couple of groups over
at g.d.o, my own projects issue queue, and email about the user group I
run, and that pretty much consumes all of the time I have to stay
up-to-date.  And I still missed a key opportunity to contribute.  Do
folks have advice?  Should I give up the dev list and focus on the
issues queues (and which ones)?  Should I stop reading Planet Drupal and
spend an hour a day over at #drupal?  Or should I just chill and assume
that if someone wants my help they will contact me directly?

thanks,
-tao