[development] comments as nodes

Moshe Weitzman weitzman at tejasa.com
Tue Jun 5 02:58:45 UTC 2007

thanks angie. lets go a step further. when we display a huge list of
comments, we are really talking about 2 nodeapi ops: load and view.

LOAD
----
We are getting to the point with schema where we can load a node with
just a single query. It needs bit more work, but i think this is a
solvable problem for D7.

VIEW
-----
Some versions of the node_rendering patch had a 'style' whereby nodeapi
'view' op was skipped. That might be useful here. Otherwise, I think we
need to look at each slow nodeapi op and accelerate it, or make it
configurable by type. I am encouraged that Robert's sites are working
fine with nodecomment.

-moshe