[development] One-to-one tables considered harmful

Angela Byron drupal-devel at webchick.net
Tue Jun 5 18:08:53 UTC 2007

On 5-Jun-07, at 12:53 PM, Earl Miles wrote:

> Which leads me to another question: Should the 'current'
> node_revision be reflected in the node table, to eliminate that
> join if we need to sort/query on something in that table?

"Back in the day," I made a patch that completely split off the node
revisions system into a separate, turn-off-able module, and part of
that was storing the current revision's title, body, etc. in the node
table. I'm sure it doesn't apply anymore and still needs a bit of
work, but if there's interest...

http://drupal.org/node/120967