[development] Problems making a proper patch with new failes and new directory

Peter Wolanin pwolanin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 13:36:11 UTC 2007

I'm not sure if your question is about core or contrib.

For contrib (where you have CVS write access) I use "cvs add
" to add the directory.

If you are doing this with core files (where you don't have CVS write
access), someone else answered this question for me recently.  The
answer is, of course, in the d.o handbooks in the "Patches" section
(but somewhat buried):

http://drupal.org/patch/create

-Peter