[development] Problems making a proper patch with new failes and new directory

Stefan Nagtegaal development at robuustdesign.nl
Wed Jun 6 09:12:31 UTC 2007

First of all, I'm not sure I wrote this message to the proper list.
Perhaps it should be on the support list, but as there are *a lot* of
really good developers on this list, I think my question is more in
place here than there.
If not, I apoligize for that..

the main reason for my question is that I'm trying to make a proper
patch for the following issue:
http://drupal.org/node/140932 - Improve image-api: Image toolkits
should be implemented as modules

The problem is that the patch should add a directory 'gd', and place
the new files (gd.info and gd.module) inside it.
According to http://drupal.org/patch/create (Creating patches) it is
possible to add new files by having the '-N' flag in your cvs diff
command and adding the /newfile.inc/0/New file// lines in the 'CVS/
Entries' file.

Is this possible with new to add directories? And how should I do that?

Thank you for your time and help!

Kind regards,

Stefan Nagtegaal