[development] Go PHP 5, Go!

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Thu Jun 7 02:15:42 UTC 2007

I think the whole idea here is to break that catch-22 situation.
If the largest PHP application say they will move off PHP4, then
the users/hosts/distros will each pressure/nudge the other entities
to move faster, rather than the chicken-egg we are in today.

So, +1 on this initiative. What is the worst case? Come February
and we see that things have not moved. We evaluate it them and see
what other projects did, and decide either to stay the course, or go
back to PHP4.

So, the risk is not high in such a move.

Unless we (all CMS's that is) try, we will never know if it can succeed.
--
2bits.com
http://2bits.com