[development] Requiring node revisions

Michael Favia michael at favias.org
Thu Jun 7 18:38:44 UTC 2007

Jim Riggs wrote:
> I have to agree with Larry.  Of all my sites, only very rarely do I
> ever use revisions at all.  I don't use them, need them, or want any
> of the overhead required for storing and maintaining them.
>
> -1 for requiring them always.
>
> +1 if we default to using revisions but provide some means of saying
> "revisions off" as Larry describes.
How about a setting for managing revision deletion criteria in the
content type administration? A simple text input or select box would
suffice for most needs and allow you to specify 0 as well. If someone
wanted to be really tricky they could work in the date logic as an
alternative or as an additional cutoff point so that we can for example:
keep at most 5 revisions and delete all revisions older than 4 weeks,
etc. Thoughts?

Michael Favia                   michael at favias.org
tel. 512.585.5650        http://michael.favias.org