[development] Use revisions to replace previews

Kevin Reynen kreynen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 05:49:35 UTC 2007

The "view own revisions" option works for sites that have a revisions tab,
but how does a user get to the "view own revisions" of a node that was
previewed, but not saved?

I think the captcha workflow can be modified to work with preview as
revision, but it's just one of many modules that will likely have to be
modified.   Others modules I'm guessing the preview as an actual insert
might impact include pathauto, automatic node titles, akismet, subscription,
and notify.

Again... I'm not saying this shouldn't happen, but it shouldn't get be given
a great idea/+1 without thinking through the UI issues as well as the impact
it is going to have on popular modules.

- Kevin Reynen