[development] Naming the CVS abstraction module

Doug Green douggreen at douggreenconsulting.com
Sat Jun 9 14:22:51 UTC 2007

I admit I'm not the best module namer in this community, but I think I've
learned a few things from you all.  Drupal tries very hard to use
descriptive names.  A big -1 for VC, VCAPI, RC, RCAPI, etc.   I like
versioncontrol.module or even better versioncontrolapi.

Try avoiding unnecessary underscores in the name, because these lead to
potential confusion with hooks.

I don't think there's any concern about the name length, the module field in
the system table is 255 characters.  If you're concerned about typing 15 or
18 characters instead of 5, I suggest you use your editors word-replace
functionality :)

Doug Green
904-583-3342
www.douggreenconsulting.com

Bringing Ideas to Life with Software Artistry and Invention...
Providing open source software political solutions