[development] Naming the CVS abstraction module

Stefan Nagtegaal development at robuustdesign.nl
Sat Jun 9 14:31:30 UTC 2007

Op 9-jun-2007, om 16:22 heeft Doug Green het volgende geschreven:

> I admit I'm not the best module namer in this community, but I
> think I've
> learned a few things from you all.  Drupal tries very hard to use
> descriptive names.  A big -1 for VC, VCAPI, RC, RCAPI, etc.   I like
> versioncontrol.module or even better versioncontrolapi.
>
> Try avoiding unnecessary underscores in the name, because these
> lead to
> potential confusion with hooks.

I have tp agree on versioncontrol.module.
A descriptive name for a module is an absolute requirement when we
talk about usability.

Have a look at the support requests on drupal.org how much people
doesn't grasp that the path.module is for the URL aliasing of nodes,
because of it's poorly choosen name (this is still a todo on my list,
to have that renamed to something more descriptive).

So, imo better some larger modulename which is more descriptive, than
s short makes-no-sense module name.

Stefan