[development] Naming the CVS abstraction module

Angela Byron drupal-devel at webchick.net
Sat Jun 9 17:59:34 UTC 2007

On 9-Jun-07, at 1:36 PM, Doug Green wrote:

> Angie,
>
> Why is version_control preferred over versioncontrol?

For legibility. It's consistent with our variable naming convention,
and separating the individual words help non-English speakers who can
babelfish individual words to figure out what a particular thing is
doing.

>   I thought we only
> used the underscores when the module was extending another module.
> And I
> thought we had problems with hook functions related to underscores,
> or is
> the problem only related to hook's with underscores?

I know of no such problems. The only thing I can think that would
cause a problem is if you named a function something like
my_module_insert and Drupal mistook it for a node insert hook when it
was just a helper function or something. But mymodule_insert would
have exactly the same problem.