[development] AB-Use revisions to replace previews

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Sun Jun 10 20:07:12 UTC 2007

Hi,

On zondag 10 juni 2007, Victor Kane wrote:
> But, surely, a "save and continue" button could be placed in as an option?

Let me put "core" into perspective here: I deliberately mentioned "hardwired"
and "hardcoded" several times in my post.

Thing is, Drupal can have proper time-based, hot, or even hyped features in
core. In fact: I'd love it to have more of that. Where was the wet floor
effect when it was stil cool?

No, my aversion is against hardcoding this. Which is what this thread has
talked about a lot.

Instead of looking for the modular solution, we have read about many pro's and
cons of one specific implmentation. That is what bothers me.

We should look at the real issue: Drupal needs better preview options. And
from there, look at the options to solve that (#preview FAPI options,
hook_preview, whatever). Instead of clinging to a solution for only a minor
subset of our audience and harwiring that into our workflow.

Regards,
	Bèr Kessels
--
 Bèr Kessels			http://webschuur.com