[development] AB-Use revisions to replace previews

Florian Loretan floretan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 12:46:43 UTC 2007

On 6/11/07, Chris Johnson <cxjohnson at gmail.com> wrote:

> It occurs to me that maybe [preview]  [save]  and [publish] are the
> actions / verbs which might make sense.  If a site is configured with
> a workflow where authors cannot publish directly, but need an editor
> approval first, then of course the [publish] button is not displayed.

If we do it this way, we have actions/verbs on the UI that match with what
actually happens in the back-end. Considering that most people new to drupal
are both users and "developers" (in the sense that they install and
configure drupal,), having things consistent this way really keep us from
having questions like "When I click on preview/save/submit/etc, [unexpected
behavior]" showing up in the forums way too often.