[development] AB-Use revisions to replace previews

Chris Johnson cxjohnson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 09:12:27 UTC 2007

On 6/11/07, Florian Loretan <floretan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Considering that most people new to drupal
> are both users and "developers" (in the sense that they install and
> configure drupal,)

I disagree.  Most people new to Drupal are simply users, and generally
unsophisticated, non-technical users.  I set up Drupal sites for
thousands of users.   None of them ever install or configure Drupal.
They are people who have information, communication and collaboration
needs.  They want to inform, communicate and share with other users.
They don't want the system to get in their way.

I agree that Earnie's refinement of my suggestion is very good:
[ready] to publish versus [save] a draft is definitely something that
should be possible in the workflow.  That was a fairly large oversight
on my part.  Core should allow it, but perhaps the actually ability to
DO it should be in a contributed workflow-oriented module.