[development] AB-Use revisions to replace previews

Florian Loretan floretan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 13:00:42 UTC 2007

On 6/11/07, Earnie Boyd <earnie at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> But in the later scenario I might not be ready for the editor to
> publish it.  I would always want a [preview] without saving to the DB.
> I would want [draft] to save a working copy for later revision by me
> and only me.  And I would then want a [ready] for an editor to publish.
>   If I was editor then I would get the [publish] button instead of the
> [ready] button.

That's actually an improvement that I thought about adding to the workflow
module.
Instead of having a radio-button allowing to set the workflow status, having
buttons for every available workflow status would be clearer (from a user
prospective, you'd expect a change of the status setting to be reversible,
whereas buttons clearly indicate an action being performed).

I haven't heard anything about integrating the workflow module in core
(maybe something to consider at some point?) but we could already have this
enabled for the basic core workflow.

Florian