[development] Announcing cvs_deploy.module

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Wed Jun 13 02:04:44 UTC 2007

Hello world,

FYI for anyone who cares about deploying Drupal sites directly via
CVS...

As per the discussions at:

http://drupal.org/node/124661
(about providing support to update_status for folks who deploy from CVS)

http://drupal.org/node/150316
(about moving all CVS-specific code out of update_status)

and my meta comments on Dries's article about git:
http://buytaert.net/linus-torvalds-on-git

I decided to create a new contrib module called "CVS deploy":
http://drupal.org/project/cvs_deploy

See the description on the project page for more info.

I'll make some release tags soon, probably once update_status 5.x-2.0
(at least a beta) is out.  Meanwhile, HEAD is for 5.x core.

Cheers,
-Derek (dww)

p.s. I hope to integrate this with drush_pm.module in the future to
finally implement my dreams for a script to automatically update a
site to the latest recommended official releases from all of your
currently installed modules, directly via CVS.  For the interested
reader:

http://drupal.org/project/drush
http://drupal.org/node/124661

p.p.s. This module is only targeted at power users/developers who
deploy sites via CVS, which is why I'm spamming this list about it. ;)