[development] Drupal 5.2 ?

John drupal.user at albin.net
Sat Jun 16 13:58:27 UTC 2007

On Jun 16, 2007, at 1:47 AM, Robert Douglass wrote:
> There have been more than 110 bugfixes since Drupal 5.1. When are
> we planning on releasing 5.2?

I would love to see 5.2 soon as well!

But before 5.2 is out the door, I would like to get this issue
resolved: "Login issues with multiple sites in the same domain
(session cookie collision)".  http://drupal.org/node/56357

There's a patch that needs review, please! It's a slightly-modified
backport of the committed fix for D6.

FYI, the current criteria for the release of a 5.x point release is
here: http://drupal.org/handbook/version-info
"When is the next release? [...] When sufficient testing of fixes of
bug reports is complete. More attention is given to a rapid release
of security issue's [sic]."

In lieu of a security issue (which, thankfully, doesn't yet apply to
5.2), are we relying on developers saying "Please fix my issue and
then release 5.2"?  ;-)

  - John