[development] PHP 5 > aggregator.module rewrite to XML API?

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Mon Jun 18 17:37:09 UTC 2007

> Projects:

Yes, and I took a look at all of these. Only FeedParser had a strong
enough foot, unfortunately (even in its unworkable state) - SimpleFeed
had a lot of the same features, but had a fairly critical design flaw
that stopped me from doing any work with it at all: only one module can
respond to its hook API (ie., I can't have a "save in database as item"
module and a "send out through email" module both working on one feed -
it's either one or the other). I did a fairly aggressive code review of
the primary module and included upwards of 20 issues for it (a number of
which have been fixed), and ended up basically unhappy with it.

> * aggregator2 (abandoned)

Shouldn't even be on the list.

> * Aggregation
 >
 > * Leech (sort of agg2, DevSeed are doing good work but
 >  I think the foundation has always been flawed)

Items only as nodes, no API to stop node creation, and its own parsers.
Leech also gives me a generic feeling of "what the hell is going on?",
which is never a good thing.

--
Morbus Iff ( rotinom ruoy edisni deppart mi pleH )
aim: akaMorbus / skype: morbusiff / icq: 2927491 / jabber.org: morbus