[development] PHP 5 > aggregator.module rewrite to XML API?

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Mon Jun 18 19:14:29 UTC 2007

Aggregator is

a) a feed parser
b) a storage engine

So the first action point is to make both pluggable. Then we can have a PHP4 parser (yay we have that!) our own PHP5 parser (to be written), SimpleXML (we have contrib code for it). Then there can be the current KISS storage engine and a contrib storage engine which stores into node. This could end the multitude of parallel feed modules --hopefully.

And yes, I will work on this for Drupal 7 _if noone else does_. Comment module turned out better than I feared of, so I hope that if I can show the way someone will run with the aggregator code, too.