[development] PHP 5 > aggregator.module rewrite to XML API?

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Mon Jun 18 16:58:59 UTC 2007

Morbus Iff wrote:
>  > +1. And lo, the discussion from many years continues.
>
> Unfortunately, yes. Can you sum up why it's never settled?

We have not seen patches (and even when we seen patches, love was
missing) to improve the in-core aggregator, the in-core profile module
and so on. It is a lot more comfortable to develop in contrib for some
cases/people so obviously out of core profile, aggregator, etc solutions
emerged.

The lone souls who do try to fix up core modules does not get the love,
reviews and tests... Eg. http://drupal.org/node/141419 where Dries noted
he is fine with that way to go...

Gabor