[development] Go PHP 5, Go!

Bill Fitzgerald bill at funnymonkey.com
Tue Jun 19 13:52:28 UTC 2007

As other people have stated, now is a time to lead, not to follow.

There will always be myriad reasons to make the safe choice. Others have
articulated the advantages of using PHP5, and there is widespread
support among the PHP crowd (as articulated by Rasmus at OSCMS) and
among other open source projects. Perhaps leadership in this area will
allow more people to step up and share the responsibility for
articulating why this course makes sense.

And even if nobody else stands up, it's still the right thing to do from
a strictly technical place.

Cheers,

Bill

--