[development] PHP 5 > aggregator.module rewrite to XML API?

Ashraf Amayreh mistknight at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 21:31:01 UTC 2007

To put this distraction aside, PHP 5 is as readily available a hosting
solution as PHP 4. Developers who want to use Drupal need to upgrade to PHP
5 rather than Drupal keeping pace with PHP 4.

As to aggregation, as long as a module is not allowing an XSS or an SQL
injection attack. I see no need to try to accept feeds from sites that don't
even put the effort in authoring feeds that meet the absolute minimal feed
standards. Although some may like to aggregate the HTML content in a feed as
is, how we could set in dealing with this case is open for debate. This is
my opinion on the subject.