[development] PHP 5 > aggregator.module rewrite to XML API?

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Wed Jun 20 17:54:33 UTC 2007

On 6/20/07, Sean Robertson <seanr at ngpsoftware.com> wrote:

> Curl is frequently not available.  I've had to have it installed a few
> times, but a LOT of people won't even have that as an option

This is another one of those "must be pluggable" or "fallback" areas. For
random ass shared hosting (hereafter known as RASH), we can't necessarily
support high performance aggregation of content.

For sites that do need high performance aggregation of content, they will
have control over their environment.

And re: curl handling authenticated feeds -- storing user + pass in the
database in cleartext as part of the feed URL is not really a great
solution.....

drupal_socket_request with plugins for different things? Interesting
thought....

--
Boris Mann
Office 604-682-2889