[development] Code freeze reminder
dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 18:36:58 UTC 2007
this is just a friendly note to let you know that it is less than 2
weeks until the code freeze (for real). I'm currently traveling, but
I'll compile a detailed list of what I believe are important patches
somewhere next week. In the mean time, the list mentioned in the
last status update on drupal.org will do.
At the top of my head are (no internet connection):
1. Various patches that improve performance and/or scalability.
I'm specifically interested in (i) splitting SQL reads and writes and
(ii) merging the node and node_comment_statistics tables. There are
pending issues for both, spear-headed by David. There are other
performance related patches too.
2. Various menu module fixes -- it's time to get these taken care
of and to unleash teh chx and polowadin. ;)
3. Actions module patch that John is working on. I spent quite a
bit of time reviewing this patch, as did Gabor and it is nearing
completion. There is a couple of things we need to figure out still,
but overall, it looks well on its way to get committed this week.
4. The module notification module that Derek and Earl are working on.
5. The node render patch that Eaton started work on a while ago.
I don't think that is been committed yet, but Eaton recently reminded
me about how important this is to further unify and clean-up the CCK
That should get us started! ;-)
Dries Buytaert :: http://www.buytaert.net/
More information about the development