[development] Code freeze reminder

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Thu Jun 21 13:48:26 UTC 2007

On Jun 20, 2007, at 11:36 AM, Dries Buytaert wrote:

>   4. The module notification module that Derek and Earl are working
> on.

For those who wish to help...

a) Please test update_status 5.x-2.0-beta:
http://drupal.org/node/153410

b) Please test the 2 patches I have in the queue:
http://drupal.org/node/153502 (make it E_ALL compliant, for both 5.x
and 6.x)
http://drupal.org/node/153503 (porting to the 6.x API)

c) After those land, I'll be working on making it a patch against
system.module, instead of a stand-alone module (at Dries's request),
but the issues in (b) are a first step.

d) 2 other D6 issues are related to moving update_status into core:
http://drupal.org/node/147000 ("unify module_rebuild_cache() and
system_theme_data()")
http://drupal.org/node/152926 ("Introduce hook_info_alter()")

If someone wanted to work on patches for either/both of those, I'd be
thrilled.

>   5. The node render patch that Eaton started work on a while ago.
> I don't think that is been committed yet, but Eaton recently
> reminded me about how important this is to further unify and clean-
> up the CCK and core.

Eaton and I spoke about this at length last week.  We decided the
next step for both node rendering and killing the evil $node
namespace bugs I was ranting about earlier is to convert $node from
an object into a #FAPI-style array.  This is a huge undertaking, but
will solve a *bunch* of issues and open up tons of new
possibilities.  I've been so busy with update_status that I haven't
had a chance to work on the initial patch for this.  If anyone else
wants to get the ball rolling, that'd be great:
http://drupal.org/node/148420

Cheers,
-Derek (dww)