[development] Go PHP 5, Go!

Ken Rickard agentrickard at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 22:43:16 UTC 2007

(Again, missed the whole debate.)

Let me remind everyone that the whole GoPHP5 idea was developed in concert
with Joomla in order to prevent the problem of one project losing users to
the other simply over the PHP4/PHP5 issue.

The more people and projects we get on board, the safer our bet becomes.
Leveraging PHP5 means more time developing a better application and les time
worrying about edge-case support on RASH (nice meme, Boris!).

That aside, I think going PHP5 is the best path, and our company already
develops for and runs PHP 5.2.x exclusively.

- Ken Rickard
agentrickard