[development] taking a break

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 16:37:42 UTC 2007

On 30 Jun 2007, at 16:55, Karoly Negyesi wrote:
> If one of my patches had only tenth the code style errors actions
> patch had (and I am not talking of the critical bug it has, it's
> not easy to see albeit module_implements had a five line long
> comment over the same bug) there would have been no chance that
> patch got commited. I complained long and hard in the issue queue
> over the years for helding up this or that important feature over a
> space or two.

No need to point the finger at John.  Rather than complaining, you
should be happy and excited about John's work, and you should be
grateful for the time and energy he put into the actions module.

Besides, most of your big patches had various critical bugs too. Is
that a shame? I don't think so. It happens and usually we are quick
to fix those.  That's why we're still in "development mode".

If you look at the actions.module's issue queue, you'll see that it
got a dozen great/detailed reviews.  It's something to be happy
about, not something to be frustrated/jealous about. :)

> Neither the book patch nor the menu fixes are in despite they are
> tested and supported.

People can't review dozens of patches a day. I spent several hours a
day reviewing patches already and other people to do. A decent review
takes 30 minutes, and sometimes more.

(I was traveling last/this week and I announced that well in advance
-- see the code freeze extension e-mail.)