[development] idea for an install profile (and "distribution"): devel install

Adrian Simmons adrinux at perlucida.com
Thu Mar 1 14:43:31 UTC 2007

Derek Wright wrote:
>>if we could stand to wait that long, this might
>> make a nice SoC 2007 project, too.
But does it really involve any amount of coding? I'd hate to think we were
offloading this to a student if all it involves is collecting a bunch of
modules, running some scripts and reading the install profile manual. Is it
really the best project for a student to learn from?

> a) does anyone actually have time to work on this? ("talk is silver,
> code is gold").
Indeed the idea of a database of content for theme developers to work with
had been raised before but never materialized, this is a much bigger
project. There's also the issue of maintaining it moving forward.

> b) does anyone have money to hire someone to work on this?
This is perhaps the sort of thing that comes under the Drupal Associations
aim of 'supporting developers'. In the mean time, I'd make a small
contribution to a reverse bounty, but it would be very small.

--
Adrian Simmons (aka adrinux) <http://adrinux.perlucida.com>
e-mail <mailto:adrinux at perlucida.com>