[development] node_access for not the global user?

Gordon Heydon gordon at heydon.com.au
Mon Mar 5 23:23:30 UTC 2007

Hi,

There is 1 method of doing this (I believe) and from what I have seen in
some packages, is that you switch users to the user you want to check
and then switch back.

global $user;
$save = $user;
$user = user_load(array('uid' => 1234));

... check access to node ...

$user = $save;

It is a pain that you can't just specify a uid to check access.

Gordon.